The Ottawa YMCA is a family orientated organization committed to providing spiritual, mental, physical development and leadership opportunities consistent with Christian values for members and constituents through excellence in programs, services and facilities.
The Y’s mission is to put Christian principles into practice through programs that build healthy spirit, mind and body for all.
To achieve this mission, we strive to:
- Be community centered. For nearly 160 years, we’ve been listening and responding to our communities.
- Bring people together, connecting people of all ages and backgrounds to bridge the gaps in community needs.
- Nurture potential, because everyone should have the opportunity to learn, grow and thrive.
- Maintain a local presence and global reach. We mobilize local communities to effect lasting, meaningful change.
Areas of Focus
To bring about meaningful change in individuals and communities, we must be focused and accountable. At the Y, we measure the success of our cause by how well we engage communities in our three areas of focus:
- Youth Development—nurturing the potential of every child and teen
- Healthy Living—improving the nation’s health and wellbeing
- Social Responsibility—giving back and providing support to our neighbors
The Y is committed providing equal access to its programs, facilities, and enjoyment without regard to race, ability, creed, national origin and sex. We celebrate the presence of differences that make each person unique. We intentionally engage and develop all members of the Y community. And we strive to connect and serve populations at home and around the world.